The second of the revolutionary Edge Class ships - Celebrity Apex - will be sailing from Southampton in April 2020 for its first ever cruises. Boasting some of the most luxurious accommodations in the Celebrity Cruises fleet, Celebrity Apex will offer Edge Staterooms with Infinite Balcony and twin level Edge Villas with outdoor plunge pools, to name a few. Add to this 29 world-class culinary venues, of which 7 are brand new speciality restaurants, and signature spaces such as the incredible Magic Carpet and Rooftop Garden, and you have a ship that elevates modern luxury cruising to new heights.
One of the world’s most hotly anticipated cruise ships, Celebrity Apex from Celebrity Cruises famed Edge Class series, will launch and be named in the UK ahead of calling Southampton home for its first ever cruises in April 2020.
This will be the first time Celebrity Cruises will operate two ships from the UK’s favourite port with Celebrity Silhouette returning to Southampton for her third consecutive year.
Celebrity Apex is the second Edge-class ship from Celebrity Cruises – an innovative new class of ship that is set to revolutionise the industry and set a new benchmark for modern luxury travel. Working with designers including Kelly Hoppen MBE, Patricia Urquiola, Jouin Manku, Celebrity Apex will feature all the signature spaces including the Magic Carpet and the Edge Stateroom with Infinite Balcony.
• Some of the most luxurious accommodation in the fleet, from NEW Infinite BalconySM Staterooms to the Iconic Suites
• 29 stylish restaurants, cafés, bars and lounges, including exclusive new and exciting dining concepts
• Magic Carpet – the world’s fi rst cantilevered floating platform soaring 13 stories above sea level
• Elemis® spa featuring a lineup of industry firsts
• High tech theatre with four stage areas and Eden where every sense is indulged day or night
Book an eligible Ocean View stateroom or above before 4 March 2019* on select sailings departing March 2020 through May 2021, and you’ll enjoy:
• A FREE Classic Drinks Package for TWO (worth over £750)
Book a Suite, and you’ll also receive:
• Pre-paid Gratuities
• $300 Onboard Spend (per Suite)
• PLUS, Unlimited Wi-Fi
The highlight of Celebrity EdgeSM and continuing onto Celebrity Apex is the outward-facing vision is The Magic Carpet. The size of a tennis court, and reaching heights of 13 storeys above sea level, it is the world’s first cantilevered, floating platform. Majestically situated on the starboard side, making the ship’s sleek profile recognisable from miles away, it is designed with comfortable seating, a full bar, and space for live music performances – so it truly is a destination itself.
Some of the best views aboard are found here.
This spectacular space will open to several decks and transforms into a new and exciting venue depending on which deck it’s positioned:
• Let’s start at the very top (there isn’t a deck here, which makes it even more thrilling). When positioned here, The Magic Carpet becomes an extraordinary venue high in the sky where Celebrity Cruises host mouthwatering experiences such as Dinner on the Edge. Get ready for a unique, al fresco culinary journey that satisfies your tastebuds, your eyes, and your sense of wonder all at the same time.
• Down to Deck 14, The Magic Carpet becomes an extension of the relaxing main pool area, the perfect place for breathtaking views, tantalising libations, and live music.
• When on Deck 5, The Magic Carpet serves as an extension of one of the exciting new restaurants. Here it creates an intimate, open air dining experience that makes the fresh ocean fare taste even fresher.
• On Deck 2, The Magic Carpet becomes a luxury embarkation station where guests will be whisked away aboard newly reimagined tender boats.
With the new Celebrity Edge Class, Celebrity Cruises have taken their accommodation experience to unbelievable new heights of luxury and indulgence, enlisting Kelly Hoppen MBE to bring her unparalleled vision to the table. Together, they created personal environments that rival the best boutique hotels in the world – many of which she’s designed for. Let’s start with the staterooms – here’s a taster of why they’re so sensational…
Celebrity Apex will feature 918 Infinite Veranda cabins including 16 for single travellers. Infinite BalconiesSM are the most transformational aspect of the Edge Class Staterooms. They are not just new; they are a first at sea. With the touch of a button guests can blur, even erase, the boundaries between inside and outside living space – which makes them seriously spacious. And that’s for starters; every single detail is revolutionary:
• Rooms are now really spacious – 23% larger than Celebrity Solstice® Class balcony rooms
• The new Cashmere CollectionSM bedding features handcrafted, cashmere mattresses from Italy
• Bathrooms are almost 10% larger than in Celebrity Solstice® Class
• The very latest technology. With in-room automation technology guests can control everything from lighting, to curtains, to temperature, and service with a simple touch screen
• Concierge Class® and AquaClass® staterooms all feature Infinite BalconiesSM – plus offer a dedicated concierge service
• There are two Iconic Suites and they offer the best views in the house - these will sell out fast!
• They’re also the largest suites in the fleet – each suite is an expansive 1,880 opulent square feet, not including the outdoor space (where you’ll find a private Jacuzzi and stylish furnishings), which adds more than 685 square feet to the grand total
• Positioned high on top of the ship, above the bridge, the two Iconic Suites offer sweeping, panoramic views from front to back – possibly the very best views at sea. Ever.
• More than enough space for six guests
• Every suite boasts two bedrooms – both with a king-sized Cashmere Collection bed
• And two bathrooms – both feature a full shower, whirlpool tub, and the best amenities
These six, two-storey luxury residences are the first of their kind in the fleet
• Their unique design seamlessly blends indoor and outdoor living. With two storeys of windows that look out over the terrace
• All feature a three-feet-deep plunge pool and inviting lounge furniture to the incredible ocean views beyond, it’s an open and airy environment that truly invites the outside in, and vice versa
• Each Edge Villa offers a spacious 950 square feet of split-level, indoor-outdoor splendour
• Perfect size for up to four guests and families of four
As an extension of the suite design, Kelly Hoppen MBE was at the forefront of creating The Retreat, an exclusive area for Suite Class guests which includes a private restaurant, pool area and exclusive lounge. There are few (if any) onboard spaces at sea that are as stylish, sophisticated and that rival any high-end resort.
What’s more, for the first time ever, guests in a non-Suite stateroom that are connected with a Suite will also enjoy all the benefits from The Retreat’s luxurious amenities...
On Deck 14 you'll find endless ways to enjoy the outdoors and connect with the sea. Or as Celebrity Cruises like to call it, The Resort Deck. Tom Wright worked his magic on a wide variety of spaces here, which includes the main pool area, the new Rooftop Garden, the jogging track, and the Solarium.
The Rooftop Garden is full of unexpected pleasures day and night. Find a cosy chair, sink in, and get lost in a good book. Sip a refreshing cocktail as you gaze out over the open ocean. Drift away to the rhythm of live musical performances coming down to you from treetop sculptures. Get caught up in a friendly game of giant chess with fellow guests. Catch a movie at A Taste of Film for an interactive fusion of food and film that will excite your palate and your imagination. Dance the night away as a live band plays your favourite songs. Or just lie back on a comfy lounger and gaze up at the sea of stars above you as you glide over the sea below. Your imagination is your guide in this fantastic garden escape.
Feeling hungry? There’s absolutely no reason to interrupt your inner child at play. Satisfy your cravings with gourmet burgers, brisket, and BBQ at the Rooftop Garden Grill. Nestled perfectly in its own delicious corner of the Rooftop Garden, pop in for lunch or dinner – and the most incredible garden and ocean views around.
T&C's: Fares are per person, based on two adults sharing the lead grade of the stateroom. This promotion applies to new bookings of an eligible Ocean View stateroom and above (Guarantee staterooms bookings in classes Z, Y, X, XC, XA and W are excluded) on selected sailings departing between 30 Mar 2020 and 2 May 2021 (“Eligible Bookings”) and booked between 6 Nov 2018 and 4 Mar 2019 (“Promotion Period”). The following benefi ts are available for Eligible Bookings: (i) The fi rst two adult guests named in the Eligible Booking will each receive a free Classic Drinks Package; and (ii) The fi rst two guests named in the Eligible Booking in Suite Category staterooms will also receive a free Unlimited WiFi Package, Free Pre Paid Gratuities and an on board credit of US $300 will be applied per Suite stateroom. Promotional details, fares and itineraries were correct at time of publish but are subject to availability and can be changed/withdrawn at any time without notice. E&OE.--->