Update – 23 June 2020
Due to the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office currently advise against all but essential travel. We’d like to extend a personal thank you for your patience and understanding as our customer service and social media teams work around the clock during such an unprecedented time.
We’ve been working behind the scenes to make a number of changes to our processes. These changes will make sure that we’re able to offer additional support to you going forward and will make managing your booking much easier for you.
We’re sure you’re keen to find out what this means for your holiday. You’ll find all the information you need to know below.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY TRAVEL PLANS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED?
If your holiday falls into one of the below categories, due to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s advice against all but essential travel, your holiday will no longer be able to go ahead as planned.
• Marella Cruises sailings on or before 27 August 2020 and all sailings detailed below
– All sailings on Marella Celebration
– Sailings on Marella Discovery 2 from Naples, Asia and the Middle East up to 30 April 2021
– Sailings on Marella Dream from Palma up to 4 May 2021
– Marella Discovery sailings on or before 31 October 2020, and from Jamaica in December 2020 and January 2021
– Marella Explorer 2 sailings from Naples between 5 May 2021 to 20 October 2021, and the 90s v 00s Sunsets cruise on 5 September 2020
• TUI River Cruises sailings travelling up until and including 25 November 2020
All other holidays are continuing to operate as planned and will be continuously reviewed.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR ME?
• If your holiday can no longer go ahead as planned, you’ll receive a refund credit for the full value of your holiday, and we’ll give you a separate booking incentive up to 20%. We understand that you may not be ready to book again just yet, so the refund credit gives you the flexibility to book your travel in future. You will receive a separate email four weeks from your original departure date with all the relevant information, if you were due to cruise from 1 July onwards you’ll receive it by end the end of June.Also, if your original booking was part of a package, your refund credit will carry the same ATOL protection. And, if your Marella Cruises or TUI River Cruises booking was cabin-only, or sailed from a UK port, your refund credit is protected under the ABTA bonding scheme. You can therefore be confident that you have financial security.
• If you’re unable to accept a refund credit you can apply for a refund; due to the volume of holidays impacted, we’re asking you not to contact us until you receive your refund credit so we can continue helping customers in date order.
• If your original booking was for a TUI River Cruise and you were due to travel on or before 31 May 2020 you’ll also receive a refund credit and a separate booking incentive up to 20%. If your river cruise was due to depart between June and October 2020 we’ll be proactively contacting you with an update so please do bear with us.
• If you booked through a third party, you should contact them directly, as their conditions around changes and cancellations may differ.