Princess Cruises – Japan 2022 & 2023
2023 Itineraries On Sale From 31 August!
Princess is pleased to announce the launch of their 2023 Japan Cruises program, featuring Diamond Princess, including many opportunities to visit the magnificent Spring Flowers of Japan, as well as 7 top festivals!
Kicking off the season with five Spring Flowers voyages, following the predicted blooming season from south to north, Diamond Princess will spend the summer and autumn sailing from Tokyo and Kobe.
Enjoy access to over 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Mount Fuji (from Shimizu), Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto (from Osaka), Buddhist Monuments in the Horyu-ji Area (from Kobe or Osaka), Historic Villages of Shirakawa-go and Gokayama (from Kanawaza) and Hiroshima Peace Memorial.
2023 Cruises On Sale Soon!
31 August – Elite Captain’s Circle members
1st September – on general sale
Pre-register your interest for 2023 Japan cruises today!
What Are The Top Reasons To Experience Japan With Princess?
Temples, Shrines and Castles
Delight in the abundance of stunning temples and shrines, like the magnificent 16th- century Osaka Castle or Seiryu-ji Temple, home of Japan’s largest seated bronze Buddha.
Experience some of Japan’s world-famous festivals in 2023:
- Kyoto Gion Festival – 17th July 2023 from Osaka, or 24th July 2023 from Kobe – Japan’s biggest festival with more than 1000 years of history, featuring massive, hand-crafted “Yama” and “Hoko” floats that are constructed every year without the use of nails.
- Osaka Tenjin Festival – 25th July 2023 – One of the “top 3 festivals”! Features processions through the streets of Osaka with an ornate portable shrine, ending in a parade of glowing boats and a spectacular fireworks display.
- Aomori Nebuta Festival – 2nd August 2023 and 7th August 2023 – Nebuta float figures accompanied by traditional music, many vibrant dancers and audience participation – easily accessible on foot from the port.
- Akita Kanto Festival – 6th August 2023 – A procession of 200 bamboo poles with lanterns weighing over 100lbs balanced on the palms, foreheads, shoulders or backs of the celebrants.
- Kochi Yosakoi Dance Festival – 11th August 2023 – Features teams of dancers with colourful costumes and unique performances
- Tokushima Awa Dance Festival – 12th August 2023 & 15th August 2023 – One of the most famous summer dance festivals, which dates back to the 1500s, featuring dancers performing throughout the city well into the night, and known for the famous “Fool’s Dance”.
- Kumano Fireworks Festival – 17th August 2023 – A display of over 10,000 fireworks visible from decks of the Diamond Princess.
Immerse yourself in astounding cities where the 21st century coexists with the spirit of ancient Japan. Enjoy shopping in the Ginza district, trying local delicacies at nearby restaurants or exploring the Imperial Palace plaza.
Spring Flowers, Gardens and Onsens
See spring flowers all over Japan, whether it’s visiting a classic Japanese garden, seeing hundreds of sakura (cherry blossoms) while picnicking in Shinjuku Gyoen park in Tokyo, or tasting sakura-flavoured treats all over the city. Stroll through tranquil gardens, and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. Be dazzled by the panoramic views of iconic Mount Fuji, an active volcano and the most popular tourist site in the country. And soak in the healing benefits of a geothermal “onsen” natural hot spring bath.
Reasons to see Japan with Princess
Cruise with the #1 North American Cruise Line In Japan, and experience why sailing is the best way to see this island nation.
Princess offers English speaking guides and shore excursions so you can enjoy stunning sights and local culture to the fullest. Diamond Princess was built in Japan — for Japan — with features like the luxury Izumi Bath. Indulge in Japanese cuisine like sushi, sake and noodles while also enjoying familiar favourites like the “Best Pizza at Sea” and “Best Burger at Sea – The Ernesto”.